Washburn Lawyer, Fall 2010
Commencement: Class of 2010; Legacies; Honorary Degrees (712 KB PDF)
Highlights from the May 2010 and December 2009 Washburn Law Graduation Ceremonys; D. Duke Dupre, '73 receives Honorary Degree.
Alumni Association Awards: Distinguished Service Award; Honorary Life Membership Award; Lifetime Achievement Awards (235 KB PDF)
The Washburn University School of Law Alumni Association Board of Governors presents its annual awards to The Honorable Marla J. Luckert (Distinguished Service); Professor John E. Christensen (Honorary Life Membership); Donald O. Concannon, The Honorable John Edwards Conway, The Honorable Homer Hoch, The Honorable Raymond J. Reynolds (Lifetime Achievement).
Supreme Court Swearing-in Ceremony (947 KB PDF)
Washburn Law alumni admitted to the bar of the United States Supreme Court.
Advancement: Planned Giving; Recent Endowments (326 KB PDF)
Max Martin and Josephine Ann Van Petten Halley establish a trust that creates the Fowks-Halley-Van Petten Chair of Dispute Resolution. Other recent endowments and scholarships have been enhanced or established by Senator Robert J. Dole; George and Theresa Barton; Bill and Claudia Berkley; Louis and Harriet Caplan; Terry and Tara Cupps; Glassman, Bird, Braun & Schwartz LLP.
Donor Honor Roll: List of Recent Contributions to Washburn Law (2.3 MB PDF)
- Centers for Excellence
- Washburn Law Clinic (315 KB PDF)
- Externship Program (218 KB PDF)
- Professional Development Office (155 KB PDF)
- Admissions - Fall 2010 Entering Class (243 KB PDF)
144 students from 23 different states.
- Legal Writing Program Ranked 17th (175 KB PDF)
U.S. News and World Report released its 2011 law school rankings and Washburn moved up in the rankings.
In Every Issue
- Letter from the Dean (229 KB PDF)
- Letter from the Alumni Association President (122 KB PDF)
- In Memoriam (175 KB PDF)
In remembrance of alumni who have passed away.
- Class Actions (307 KB PDF)
Your classmates and their accomplishments.
- Faculty Activities; Remembering James B. Wadley (476 KB PDF)
Publications, Activities and Honors.
- Alumni News and Events Board of Governors; 5th Annual Alumni Golf Tournament and Ethics CLE; Class of 1985 Reunion; Dean's Circle; Nancy Caplinger Appointed to Kansas Supreme Court; Best of the Bar Honorees; Lynn Johnson Honored as 2010 Alumni Fellow; Mentor Program (1.7 MB PDF)
- Front Cover & Table of Contents (372 KB PDF)
- Back Cover (Upcoming Events) (250 KB PDF)