Washburn Lawyer, Spring/Summer 2012
107th Commencement: Class of 2012; Legacies; Honorary Doctor of Law Award (2.9 MB PDF)
Highlights from the May 2012 and December 2011 Washburn Law Graduation Ceremonies; The Honorable Christel Marquardt, '74, is commencement speaker and recipient of the Honorary Doctor of Law
Alumni Association Awards: Honorary Life Membership; Distinguished Service Award; Lifetime Achievement Award (1 MB PDF)
The Washburn University School of Law Alumni Association Board of Governors presents its annual awards.
Practitioners in Residence: John Collins, '91, and Brent Hooker (470 KB PDF)
Washburn Law alumnus share their expertise with law students as the Spring 2012 Business and Transactional Law Center Practitioners in Residence.
New Law School Building on Horizon (336 KB PDF)
The Washburn Board of Regents approve funding proposal.
Law Student Corner: If I Were Goldilocks (5.3 MB PDF)
By Xiaolu Fan, J.D. candidate 2013.
Student Profile: Ben Jackson (167 KB PDF)
Fellowship: The Common Thread that Unites.
Alumni Profile: Marck Cobb, '89 (461 KB PDF)
Parallels of Life and Law in the Game of Chess.
- Barrister's Ball (166 KB PDF)
Proceeds presented to United Way of Greater Topeka.
- The Republic of Georgia (157 KB PDF)
Washburn Law Impacts Legal Education Where The Black Sea Meets the Dawn of A Modern Legal Era.
- 35th Annual Foulston Siefkin Lecture (147 KB PDF)
Monroe H. Freedman, deliveres the Lecture "Prosecutors' Ethics - Fighting to Sustain Unethical and Unconscionable Conduct on Appeal."
- Jessup Moot Court Team Reaches Final Four (210 KB PDF)
The Washburn Law Jessup Moot Court Team competes in the Rocky Mountain Super-Regional Round held at Denver University Sturm College of Law.
- Law Student Awards (168 KB PDF)
Sarah Longhibler, '12, and Casey Yingling, '12, are the summer/fall 2011 co-recipients of the Irvine E. Ungerman Award for Excellence in Clinical Practice; Whitney Casement, '12, receives inaugural Kansas Bar Foundation scholarship.
- KAJ Raymond Spring Award (144 KB PDF)
Carol Longenecker Schmidt, '11, receives the 2011 Kansas Association for Justice Raymond Spring Award.
- Negotiation Team Reaches National Final Four; Admissions Staff Changes (478 KB PDF)
The Washburn University School of Law negotiation competition team of Jessica Stabler and Kevin Kemp took fourth place at the national finals; Two admissions employees retire, new director and assistant named.
- Mineral Title Examination Course (183 KB PDF)
Thirty-four students participate in the course creating long-lasting opportunities for Washburn law students.
- Concannon Pens History of Washburn Law (554 KB PDF)
Professor Jim Concannon's book detailing the history of the first 100 years of Washburn University School of Law.
- Ambassadors Provide 'Extreme' Customer Service (174 KB PDF)
Washburn Law student ambassadors, committed to providing "extreme" customer service that reflects the tenets of a Washburn Law education.
- January 2012 Spring Class (235 KB PDF)
An enthusiastic and bright group of 31 students from 23 undergraduate schools, 12 states, and the Netherlands.
In Every Issue
- Letter from the Dean (553 KB PDF)
- Letter from the Alumni Association President (189 KB PDF)
- Faculty Plaudits; Institute for Law Teaching and Learning Welcomes Chilean Professors (526 KB PDF)
Faculty publications and activities; four Chilean professors visit Washburn Law to learn about teaching techniques.
- Planned Giving (492 KB PDF)
A Family Affair: Carol L. Foreman Establishes Scholarship
- In Memoriam (465 KB PDF)
In remembrance of alumni who have passed away.
- Class Actions (1.5 MB PDF)
Your classmates and their accomplishments.
- Alumni News and Events (989 KB PDF)
Washburn University School of Law Alumni Association Board of Governors; New Alumni Director; Order these Washburn Law items for yourself or as gifts.
- Front Cover & Table of Contents (3.3 MB PDF)
- Back Cover (Upcoming Events) (263 KB PDF)