Washburn Lawyer, Fall 2016
- Passion for Law: Fueling Their Passion for Speed (3.4 MB PDF)
Meet three Washburn Law alumni whose passion for life in the fast lane has led them to competitive racing.
- Alumni Fellow (877 KB PDF)
Natalie Haag, ’85, a self-declared learning addict, credits her time at Washburn Law with learning the most important skill in the world — how to think critically.
- Alumni Spotlight: In Pursuit of a Dream (946 KB PDF)
Fleeing Venezuela with her mother and siblings at age 3, Norah Avellan, ’15, fulfilled her dream of passing the New York bar and landing a job in the nation’s capital.
- Alumni Mentor: The Ideal Atmosphere (1.9 MB PDF)
Although Tim Daniel’s, ’88, and Donald Fahrny’s, JD candidate ’18, time on campus is separated by three decades, their experiences are much the same.
- Question & Answer (1.5 MB PDF)
John Shoemaker, ’04, who has a fascination with global fiduciary law, recently moved from Zurich to Singapore as his employer, UBS, shifts its focus to the APAC region.
- Giving Back (435 KB PDF)
Switching gears from teacher to law student, Julie Covel, ’13, knows firsthand how important financial support is to Washburn Law students.
- The Challenge: One Graduate’s Challenge (512 KB PDF)
Ann Frigon, ’80, encourages her classmates to join her in supporting Washburn Law’s building project.
- Opportunity : More than a Career (558 KB PDF)
Kevin Arnel, ’87, supports the new law school facility as a way of giving back for the opportunities he has received as a student and an alumnus.
- Campaign Update : The Ideal Place (1.1 MB PDF)
To date, the Ideal Place: The Building Campaign for Washburn University School of Law has raised more than $5.6 million from alumni and friends across the country.
- Alumni Spotlight : Center Stage (2 MB PDF)
With his newest film Atone in production, Lawrence Williamson, ’03, who now goes by his professional name Wes Miller, has finally stretched his muscles as a writer, director, and filmmaker.
- Alumni Spotlight : Recognizing Excellence (678 KB PDF)
Six individuals were honored at an awards dinner on October 1, 2016, wrapping up a weekend of class reunions and other activities.
In Every Issue
- Letter from the Dean (270 KB PDF)
- Letter from the Alumni Association President (413 KB PDF)
- Alumni Events (5.1 MB PDF)
Dean’s Circle Dinner; Western Kansas Alumni Events; Alumni Weekend.
- News Briefs (641 KB PDF)
Two New Faces on Faculty; One of a Kind: Washburn’s Junior Legal Writing Scholarship Workshop; New Partnership: Accelerated Program Benefits Students; Internship: Opening the Door to Big-city Practice.
- Class Actions (167 KB PDF)
Your classmates and their accomplishments.
- In Memoriam (182 KB PDF)
In remembrance of alumni who have passed away.
- Join the Alumni Association; Save the Date: U.S. Supreme Court Swearing-In (1.4 MB PDF)
- Front Cover & Table of Contents (597 KB PDF)
- Back Cover (Upcoming Events) (1.2 MB PDF)