Washburn Lawyer, Spring 2013
108th Commencement: Class of 2013; Legacies; Honorary Doctor of Law Award (1.1 MB PDF)
Highlights from the May 2013 and December 2012 Washburn Law Graduation Ceremonies; The Honorable Stanley C. Sager, '57, is commencement speaker and recipient of the Honorary Doctor of Law.
Ronnie Rhodes: On the Outside (604 KB PDF)
Ronnie Rhodes speaks to Professor Woodman’s students about his experience, the role he believes the Wrongful Convictions class, Professor Woodman, and Ron Sylvester played in securing his parole, and his future.
Oil and Gas Law Center Launched: Newest Center for Excellence (305 KB PDF)
Washburn Law’s oil and gas program provides a targeted curriculum beneficial to students and to an industry seeking to hire well-qualified law graduates.
Recent Endowment: Fisher Law Scholarship (146 MB PDF)
Charles S. Fisher Jr., '51 and Ella Marie Fisher Law Scholarship Fund.
Donor Honor Roll (2.5 MB PDF)
List of Recent Contributions to Washburn Law.
- Washburn Law Redesigns Website (266 KB PDF)
- Legal Writing Program Ranked as One of the Best (256 KB PDF)
Legal Writing is ranked 11th among all law schools in the U.S. News and World Report’s 2014 Best Graduate Schools ranking.
- Fall 2012 Entering Class (247 KB PDF)
Washburn Law welcomed new students from 52 different undergraduate schools.
- Law Library Ranked in Top 20 (200 KB PDF)
Washburn Law Library ranked 19th by the National Jurist.
- Spring 2013 Entering Class (191 KB PDF)
Washburn Law welcomed 19 students, 6 from out-of-state schools and 13 from Kansas Colleges.
- Law Clinic News (213 KB PDF)
Washburn Law Clinic Interns Win Cases for Clients; Dreamers Dream Comes True, by Professor Lynette Petty, ’87.
- Raymond Spring Award; Student Completes Jury Trial (161 KB PDF)
Amy Ahrens, '12 earns Kansas Association for Justice Raymond Spring Award; Christi Somers, '13 Completes Second Jury Trial as Law Student.
- Practice-Ready Graduates (131 KB PDF)
Tim Belsan, ’09, named 2012 U.S. Department of Justice Civil Division Rookie of the Year; Steven A. Lautt, ’12, wins North Dakota Supreme Court case 22 days after bar admittance; Renee Henke, ’12, elected district magistrate judge in Kansas’ 17th Judicial District, Division 4.
- Concannon Receives Justice Award (121 KB PDF)
Professor James M. Concannon received the Justice Award from the Kansas Supreme Court.
- Faculty News (200 KB PDF)
Professor David Pierce, ’77 honored by Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation; Professor Alex Glashausser was presented with the 52 Award from the Washburn Law Journal; Professor Rory Bahadur named the National Academic Curriculum Consultant by the Council on Legal Education Opportunity (CLEO).
- New Faculty (148 KB PDF)
New faculty members, Professors Andrea J. Boyack, Emily Grant, Frédéric G. Sourgens and Rebecca E. Woodman.
- Endowed Chairs and Professorships Awarded (182 KB PDF)
Five Washburn Law professors honored for their excellence in teaching by alumni and supporters.
- Dean's Circle (193 KB PDF)
Dean's Circle Reception & Dinner.
- Alumni Fellow (178 KB PDF)
Bradley E. Haddock, '80 honored as the Washburn University Alumni Fellow from the law school.
In Every Issue
- Letter from the Dean (229 KB PDF)
- Letter from the Alumni Association President (219 KB PDF)
- Alumni News and Events (399 KB PDF)
7th Annual Alumni Golf Tournament and Ethics CLE, September 21, 2012.
- Class Actions (579 KB PDF)
Your classmates and their accomplishments.
- In Memoriam (104 KB PDF)
In remembrance of alumni who have passed away.
- Front Cover & Table of Contents (460 MB PDF)
- Back Cover (Upcoming Events) (203 KB PDF)