Washburn Lawyer, Winter 2013
Innovative and Interactive Teaching and Learning (886 KB PDF)
Passive learning is being replaced with active learning by professors who are rethinking their approach to teaching law.
- Swearing-In Ceremony (362 KB PDF)
Washburn University School of Law U.S. Supreme Court Swearing-In.
- Law Clinic News (390 KB PDF)
Clinic Intern Sara Ehret Makes a Difference for Family.
- Dean’s Circle Dinner (239 KB PDF)
The annual Dean’s Circle Dinner and cocktail reception.
- Law School Building: $20 Million (1 MB PDF)
150 Forward: The Campaign for Washburn University; George, ’77, and Theresa Barton Make $500,000 Gift; Berkleys Back Building with $100,000 Gift.
- Students: $6 Million (294 KB PDF)
Fleshers’ Planned Gift to Extend Longtime Support of Washburn Law; Bever Dye, LC Sustains Law Scholarship.
- Annual Giving: $2.5 Million (119 KB PDF)
Liftoff to Landing: GOLD Gift Launches Others.
- Alumni Fellow (350 KB PDF)
C. Michael Lennen, ’74, Topeka, honored as the 2013 Washburn University Alumni Fellow from the law school.
- Student Profile (292 KB PDF)
Athletes Transition from Sports to Law, By Jennifer Lauber, Washburn Review.
- Alumni Association Awards: Honorary Life Membership; Distinguished Service Award; Lifetime Achievement Awards (325 KB PDF)
The Washburn University School of Law Alumni Association Board of Governors presented its annual awards.
In Every Issue
- Letter from the Dean (88 KB PDF)
- Letter from the Alumni Association President (220 KB PDF)
- Law School News (1.1 MB PDF)
Washburn Law Leads Its Peers in Student Satisfaction; New Offering: Master of Studies in Law Degree; LL.M. in Global Legal Studies Coming in Fall 2014; U.S. Constitution Day Recognized; International and Comparative Law Center; Professor James R. Ahrens Remembered.
- Faculty News: Best Law Teacher: Rory Bahadur; Select Faculty Scholarship (524 KB PDF)
- In Memoriam (165 KB PDF)
In remembrance of alumni who have passed away.
- Class Actions (134 MB PDF)
Your classmates and their accomplishments.
- Alumni News (500 KB PDF)
8th Annual Alumni Golf Tournament and Ethics CLE, October 4, 2013; Shop for these items and more at store.washburnlaw.edu.
- Front Cover & Table of Contents (707 MB PDF)
- Back Cover (Upcoming Events) (86 KB PDF)