High Quality Education
What constitutes a high-quality legal education? At Washburn Law, we believe a high-quality legal education is possible only when the law student is at the center of all law school endeavors and decisions. When that mindset is applied, without thought to standings or statuses, great things — and skillful students — emerge:
- Washburn Law is ranked #13 on U.S. News and World Report's list of Best Legal Writing Programs, 2017 edition.
- From day one, Washburn Law had a distinctive vision for its Legal Analysis, Research, and Writing Program by employing full-time, tenured and tenure-track legal writing faculty who are active in service and scholarship in the national legal writing community. This standard has set the bar for other LARW programs and is the reason we have been consistently recognized as a top program.
- preLaw Magazine named Washburn Law #2 in government law (Winter 2016 issue).
- Ranked as a "Best Value Law School 2015" (preLaw Magazine).
- Washburn Law was ranked 19th on the list of Great Law Libraries (National Jurist, November 2012 issue).
- Washburn Law has been named a top 20 law school for jobs as prosecutors and public defenders (National Jurist, January 2012 issue).
- The Princeton Review in its book The Best 173 Law Schools: 2016 Edition named Washburn Law one of the nation's most outstanding law schools.
A high-quality legal education is one in which our students graduate with the knowledge, skills, and values necessary to serve their clients, our profession, and society at large — locally, nationally and globally. In short, you will acquire the practice-ready skills needed to launch your career. Along the way, you can be confident your law school education rivals other top law programs.