December 2013 Commencement for Class of 2014
December 2013 graduates of Washburn University School of Law will participate in the Washburn University Commencement ceremony.
- Date: Friday, December 13, 2013.
- Location: Washburn University, Petro Allied Health Center, Lee Arena, located at 20th and Mulvane Avenue. Enter from Washburn Ave at 20th St or Durow Dr.
- Directions: Available on the Washburn University web site. See also directions to the law school.
- Parking: Free parking on the east side of Petro.
- Arrive: 5:45 p.m.
- Secure belongings: Room 125 will be secured for personal items stored during the ceremony.
- Line-up: Hallway across from room 105; Name Cards will be handed out at this time.
- Group photo: 6:00 p.m.
- Procession: Professor Duncan is the Law School Marshal and will guide graduates through the ceremony.
- Ceremony begins: 6:30 p.m. and is expected to last less than two hours.
- Regalia Return: Room 224.
- Reception begins: Immediately following commencement ceremony.
- Invitation: All family and guests, including children, are invited.
- Location: Petro Allied Health Center, Room 210 (McPherson Room, 2nd floor, north end). The reception will conclude at 10:00 p.m.
Course Audit Information
If you have any questions about whether or not you have completed all requirements for graduation in December 2013, please contact Donna Haverkamp, Student Records Administrator, in the Deans' Office, Room 203 (firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 670-1661).
Fall Graduation Name Cards
All Fall 2013 Graduates are requested to visit the table inside the front doors of the library no later than December 2nd to fill out a Graduation Name Card for the December 13, 2013 ceremony. Cards may be returned to Gwyn Nelson, Room 203 (during office hours) or placed in the folder.
Graduation announcements may be ordered from CB Announcements, cbgrad.com or call (800) 433-0296.
Class rings are may be ordered through the Jostens' website.
RegaliaRegalia should be available to pick up starting Nov 27th if ordered by the November 1st deadline. You will receive an e-mail from the Ichabod Shop (Washburn bookstore) when your rental commencement regalia (tam, gown, hood, tassel) has arrived and can be picked up at the cash register in the Washburn University Bookstore. Please be prepared to show your ID (Washburn or drivers license). If someone will be picking up regalia for you, please e-mail email@example.com so this can be noted on the pick-up form. Orders made after the November 1st deadline will incur additional shipping charges.
Regalia should be returned after the ceremony to Petro 224. If you need to keep regalia over the weekend please contact Rhonda Wedel prior to the ceremony.
Notes about your rental regalia:
- To relax wrinkles in your regalia, please hang it close to the shower. Ironing is not recommended.
- Tams are one-size. The tams arrive separately from the gown, hood and tassel package. Please make sure you get all pieces when you pick up your regalia.
Commencement is a celebration to honor and recognize the achievements of all graduates. With respect to all, it is expected that graduates and their families and friends will remain for the entire ceremony. Commencement is expected to last approximately two hours. Please make your plans accordingly.
No tickets are required. The event is open to the public.
University staff will be available to assist guests with special needs; however, it is important that those guests requiring assistance and/or special seating notify the Washburn University Student Services Office at (785) 670-1629, or firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 2 weeks in advance.
Parking is available at no charge in the parking lot on the east side of Petro Allied Health Center.
We have made arrangements with GradImages to have a professional photographer take pictures of all graduates during the ceremony. Visit GradImages website to pre-register or for more information.
Group Photo at Commencement
Washburn University School of Law Alumni Services will have a professional photographer take a group photo of the December graduates promptly at 6:00 p.m. Please meet in the hallway across from Petro room 105 by 5:45 p.m. in order to line up for the photo.
Professor Jeff Jackson explains
how to put on your tam and carry your hood
(2 minute, 15 second WMV file).
Lodging in Topeka
Information about hotels and motels in Topeka is available at the Visit Topeka Inc. website (convention / visitors bureau).
Law students or family member with questions regarding the Law School graduation events should contact: