May 2014 Commencement
Washburn University School of Law Commencement will be Saturday, May 17, 2014, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in Lee Arena of the Petro Allied Health Center on the Washburn Campus.
A Champagne Reception, hosted by Washburn University School of Law, will be held in Washburn rooms A & B in the Memorial Union immediately following commencement.
- General directions to the Washburn campus are available at the Washburn University web site.
- See also directions to the law school.
Law School Commencement Information
Course Audit Information
If you have any questions about whether or not you have completed all requirements for graduation in May, July, or August 2014, please contact Donna Haverkamp, Student Records Administrator, in the Deans' Office, room 202, (firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 670-1661).
If you have not had your picture taken for the Law School Composite you may still do so before the end of February. Contact Wichers Photography at 271-5355 to make an appointment. Wichers is located at 4105 SW 29th Street (just west of Walgreen's at 29th and Gage).
Graduation announcements may be ordered from CB Grad Announcements at their website or call (800) 433-0296. Representatives will be at the Law School on Wednesday, March 26, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. by the Libation Station to take orders.
Class rings are available from Jostens. If you are interested in a class ring, visit the Jostens' website.
Law degree graduates planning to walk in the May 2014 ceremony must place a special order for their regalia. Law School regalia, consisting of a robe, hood, and tam (hat), can be rented through the Ichabod Shop (university bookstore). Orders must be placed by Thursday, March 27, 2014, to avoid late/ship fees.
To order online:
- Go to the online Ichabod Shop (university bookstore) (a new window will open).
- On the 'Regalia - Rental Law & Faculty' item description page select "Student - Law Rental Set" from the "Item Option" dropdown list.
- Make sure Quantity is "1", then click "Add to Cart" and respond to the height and shirt size prompts.
- In the upper right corner, click "Shopping Cart", then "Continue Checkout."
- If this is your first time shopping the online bookstore (Ichabod Shop), you may checkout as a guest.
To order in person:
- Visit the Ichabod Shop Bookstore: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m-5 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Questions: Contact Rhonda Wedel (email@example.com) at the Ichabod Shop Bookstore.
Mandatory Practice — Friday, May 16, 2014, 10:30 a.m.
MANDATORY PRACTICE for graduating law students at Lee Arena in the Petro Allied Health Center on Friday, May 16, at 10:30 a.m. Please contact Professor Myrl Duncan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about the practice session.
Wichers Photography will be at the practice to handout copies of the Class of 2014 composite to graduates.
Commencement Day — Saturday, May 17, 2014 — 6:30 p.m.
Graduates should plan to be at the Law School by 5:15 p.m. Further details will be posted online in March.
Commencement is a celebration to honor and recognize the achievements of all graduates. With respect to all, it is expected that graduates and their families and friends will remain for the entire ceremony. Commencement is expected to last approximately ninety minutes. Please make your plans accordingly.
No tickets are required. The event is open to the public.
Law School staff will be available to assist guests with special needs; however, it is important that those guests requiring assistance and/or special seating notify Gwyn Nelson at (785) 670-2460 or email@example.com, at least 2 weeks in advance of the ceremony.
Parking is available at no charge in the parking lot on the east side of Petro Allied Health Center.
We have made arrangements to have a professional photographer take pictures of all graduates during the ceremony. Visit the GradImages website for more information or to preregister.
Professor Jeff Jackson explains
how to put on your tam and carry your hood
(2 minute, 15 second WMV file).
May and Summer 2014 Graduates:
- Order Commencement Regalia. See ordering instructions and special pricing at Grad Fair on March 27, 2014, 9:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (Late fees will apply after March 28, 2014.)
- Order Graduation Announcements. CB Grad Announcement representatives will be at the Law School on March 26, 2014 from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Register with GradImages to receive commencement photo proofs via e-mail.
Legacy Photos with Relatives
If a relative or relatives who graduated from Washburn Law are attending commencement, Alumni Services would like to take a photograph of you with them prior to commencement. A photographer will be available in the Kansas Room (law school, 1st floor) from 5:00-5:30 p.m. to take these legacy photos. If you have not already been contacted by the Alumni Services Office please get in touch with Cindy Stillings at firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 670-1011.
Washburn Law Merchandise
The Alumni Services Office (law school, 2nd floor) will be open Friday, May 16, from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
See items available for purchase by visiting the Alumni Online Store.
Lodging in Topeka
Information about hotels and motels in Topeka is available at the Visit Topeka Inc. website (convention / visitors bureau).
Law students or family member with questions regarding the Law School graduation events should contact