Selected Works Relating to The Rule of Law and the Global War on Terrorism Presenter and Panelist Bibliographies
Compiled by Troy A. Larson, Johnathan A. Rhodes, Timothy M. Belsan (Fall 2008).
William C. Banks
- COMBATING TERRORISM (CQ Press 2008) (with Mitchel Wallerstein and Renee de Nevers) [More information].
- COUNTERTERRORISM LAW (Aspen Publishers 2007) (with Stephen Dycus and Peter Raven-Hansen) [More information].
- NATIONAL SECURITY LAW (4th ed., Aspen Law & Business 2006) (with Stephen Dycus, Arthur L. Berney, and Peter Raven-Hansen) [More information].
- NATIONAL SECURITY LAW AND THE POWER OF THE PURSE (Oxford University Press 1994) (with Peter Raven-Hansen) [More information].
Chapters in Books
- Legal Sanctuaries and Predator Strikes in the War on Terror, in DENIAL OF SANCTUARY: UNDERSTANDING TERRORIST SAFE HAVENS 112 (Michael Innes ed., Praeger Press 2007) [More information].
- Terrorist Sanctuaries and International Law: The U.S. Assassination of Qaed Salim Sinan al-Harathi in Yemen, in UNDERSTANDING TERRORIST SANCTUARIES: CONCEPTS AND CASE STUDIES (2006).
- Teaching and Learning about Terrorism, in JOURNAL OF LEGAL EDUCATION, ASSOCIATION OF AMERICAN LAW SCHOOLS (Georgetown University Law Center 2005).
- United States Response to September 11, in GLOBAL ANTI-TERRORISM LAW AND POLICY (Victor Ramraj, Michael Hor, and Kent Roach eds., Cambridge University Press 2005).
- Terrorism in Argentina: Government as its Own Worst Enemy, in GLOBAL ANTI-TERRORISM LAW AND POLICY (Victor Ramraj, Michael Hor, and Kent Roach eds., Cambridge University Press 2005) (with A. Carrio).
- A New Imperial Presidency? Insights from United States Involvement in Bosnia, in THE NEW AMERICAN INTERVENTIONISM: LESSONS FROM SUCCESSES AND FAILURES 39 (Columbia University Press 1999) (with J. Straussman).
- To Prevent and Deter International Terrorism, in TERRORISM AND PEACEKEEPING: NEW SECURITY CHALLENGES (Volker Franke ed., Greenwood Press 2004).
- The Predator, in TERRORISM AND PEACEKEEEPING: NEW SECURITY CHALLENGES (Volker Franke ed., Greenwood Press 2004).
- Troops Defending the Homeland: The Posse Comitatus Act and the Legal Environment for a Military Role in Domestic Counter Terrorism, in 14:3 TERRORISM AND POLITICAL VIOLENCE 1-41 (Autumn 2002).
- Dangerous Prisoner: The Threat of Bioterrorism in the U.S., in NATIONAL SECURITY STUDIES CASE SERIES (Syracuse & Johns Hopkins Universities 2002).
- The Devil and the Demon: The Threat of Bioterrorism in the U.S., in NATIONAL SECURITY STUDIES CASE SERIES (Syracuse & Johns Hopkins Universities 1999).
- To Prevent and Deter International Terrorism: The U.S. Responses to the Kenya and Tanzania Embassy Bombings, in NATIONAL SECURITY STUDIES CASE SERIES (Syracuse & Johns Hopkins Universities 1999).
- Introduction to Symposium, A Second Nuclear Age?, 57 SYRACUSE L. REV. 429 (2007).
- The Normalization of Homeland Security After September 11: The Role of the Military in Counterterrorism Preparedness and Response, 64 LA. L. REV. 4 (2004).
- The Role of the Courts in Time of War, SYNDICUS MAGAZINE, SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF LAW (2003), reprinted in 14 J. U.S. INTELLIGENCE STUDIES 35 (2004).
- And the Wall Came Tumbling Down: Secret Surveillance After the Terror, 57 U. MIAMI L. REV. 1147 (2003).
- Targeted Killing and Assassination: The U.S. Legal Framework, 37 U. RICH. L. REV. 667 (2003) (with P. Raven-Hansen).
- Executive Authority for National Security Surveillance, 50 AM. U. L. REV. 1 (2001) (with M.E. Bowman).
- Trolling for Terrorists: New Report Outlines Surveillance Authorities, 22 A.B.A. NAT'L SECURITY L. REP. 10 (2001).
- The "L.A. Eight" and Investigation of Terrorist Threats in the United States, 31 COLUM. HUM. RTS. L. REV. 479 (2000).
- A New Imperial Presidency: Lessons from United States Involvement in Bosnia, 114 POLITICAL SCIENCE QUARTERLY (1999) (with J. Straussman).
- How We Uncover Their Plots: Laws for Keeping Tabs on Terrorists Draw Difficult Lines, LEGAL TIMES, Sept. 17, 2001.
Christopher W. Behan
- MILITARY CRIMES AND DEFENSES (Lexis/Nexis 2007) (with David Schlueter, Charles Rose, and Victor Hansen) [More information].
- Everybody Talks: Examining the Probative Value of Coercively Obtained Evidence in Trials by Military Commission (forthcoming).
- To What Extent Should International Law Recognize a Right to Remain Silent for Unlawful Combatants or Terrorists During Pretrial Interrogations? (forthcoming).
George P. Fletcher
- DEFENDING HUMANITY: WHEN FORCE IS JUSTIFIED AND WHY (Oxford University Press 2008) [More information].
- AMERICAN LAW IN A GLOBAL CONTEXT: THE BASICS (Oxford University Press 2004) (with Steve Sheppard) [More information].
- ROMANTICS AT WAR: GLORY & GUILT IN THE AGE OF TERRORISM (Princeton University Press 2002) [More information].
- OUR SECRET CONSTITUTION (Oxford University Press 2001) [More information].
- Brief of Specialists in Conspiracy and International Law as Amicus Curiae in Support of Petitioner, Hamdan v. Rumsfeld, 547 U.S. 1016 (2006), 2006 WL 53979.
- Black Hole in Guantánamo Bay, 2 JICJ 121 (2004).
- Ambivalence About Treason, 82 N.C. L. REV. 1611 (2004).
- Citizenship and Personhood in the Jurisprudence of War, 2 JICJ 953 (2004).
- Defining Terrorism, Project Syndicate (Oct. 2003).
- Against Universal Jurisdiction, 1 JICJ 579 (2003).
- On Justice and War: Contradictions in the Proposed Military Tribunals, 25 HARV. J.L. & PUB. POL'Y 635 (2002).
- Liberals & Romantics at War, 111 YALE L.J. 1499 (2002).
- Guilt and Shame in Abu Ghraib, Project Syndicate (May 2004).
- Should One Nation Be Able to Judge the Entire World? Belgium's Prosecution of Ariel Sharon, and Other Invocations of "Universal Jurisdiction", FindLaw (Commentary) (March 4, 2003).
- War Crimes Proceedings in Iraq? The Bush Administration's Dilemma, FindLaw (Commentary) (April 4, 2003).
- Join the International Criminal Court, JERUSALEM REPORT, Nov. 4, 2002, at 55.
- Annan's Careless Language, N. Y. TIMES, Mar. 21, 2002.
- War & the Constitution, 13 AMERICAN PROSPECT (2002).
- The End of Treason (or the Beginning)? Project Syndicate (Jan. 2002).
- If the President Orders an Attack of Iraq Without Security Council Approval, Can Injured Iraqis Sue the President in U.S. Courts? FindLaw (Commentary) (September 25, 2002).
- How Would the Bush Administration's Claims of Self-Defense, Used as Justifications for War Against Iraq, Fare Under Domestic Rules of Self-Defense? FindLaw (Commentary) (September 10, 2002).
- Did the Security Council's Recent Iraq Resolution Violate the U.N. Charter by Authorizing Unilateral Force? And if So, What Are the Consequences? FindLaw (Commentary) (November 13, 2002).
- Is This Really War? Project Syndicate (2001).
- We Must Choose: Justice or War, WASH. POST, Oct. 2001.
David J. R. Frakt
- An Indelicate Imbalance: A Critical Comparison of the Rules and Procedures for Military Commissions and Courts-Martial, 34 AM. J. CRIM. L. (Spring 2008).
- Forum: Winning Detainee Hamdan's Case Didn't Prevent Navy Lawyer's Promotion, THE DAILY JOURNAL, Nov. 7, 2006.
David E. Graham
- The Treatment and Interrogation of Prisoners of War and Detainees, 37 GEO. J. INT'L L. 61 (2005).
- Operational Law (OPLAW)-A Concept Comes of Age, ARMY LAW (July 1987).
- The 1974 Diplomatic Conference on the Law of War: A Victory of Political Causes and a Return to the "Just War" concept of the Eleventh Century, 22 WASH. & LEE L. REV. 25 (1975).
- GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES ON COUNTERTERRORISM (Aspen Publishers 2007) [More information].
- CONSTITUTIONAL LIMITS ON COERCIVE INTERROGATION (Oxford University Press 2008) [More information].
- UNDERSTANDING COUNTERTERRORISM (Aspen Publishers 2008).
- Anticipatory Self-Defense and International Law: A Re-evaluation, 13 JCSL 1 (2008).
- Self-defense from the Wild West to 9/11-Who, What, Why, When, 41 CORNELL INT'L L.J. 3 (forthcoming 2008).
- Light at the End of the Pipeline?: Choosing a Forum for Suspected Terrorists, 156 U. PA. L. REV. PENNUMBRA 356 (2008) (with John T. Parry).
- Responses, Ten Questions on National Security, 34 WM. MITCHELL L. REV. __ (forthcoming 2008).
- Interrogating the Detainees: Extending a Hand or a Boot, 41 U. MICH. J.L. REFORM 375 (2008).
- Using and Abusing Financial Markets-Money Laundering as the Achilles Heel of Terrorism, 29 U PA. J. INT'L ECON. L 59 (2007) (with Brian Field).
- Quirin to Hamdan: Creating a Hybrid Paradigm for Detaining Terrorists, 19 FLA. J. INT'L L. 2 (2008).
- Transnational Comparative Analysis of Balancing Competing Interests in Counterterrorism, 20 TEMP. INT'L & COMP. L.J. 363 (2006).
- Where are Terrorists to Be Tried-A Comparative Analysis of Rights Granted to Suspected Terrorists, 56 CATH. U. L. REV. 805 (2007).
- The Unholy Trinity-Interrogation, Intelligence, and Torture, 37 CASE W. RES. J. INT'L L. 427 (2006) (with Erin M. Page).
- Global Perspectives on Legislative and Policy Responses to Terrorism, 7 SDJIL 1 (2005).
- Targeted Killing as Active Self-Defense, 36 CASE W. RES. J. INT'L L. 319 (2004).
- Congressional Oversight: An Examination of Its Role in the transformation of the Presidential Order, 1 IDF L. REV. 97 (2003).
- Where to try terrorists? Domestic Terror Courts, SALT LAKE TRIB., June 22, 2008 (with Dan Barr).
- Veto of Bill Banning Torture Places Interrogators in Bind, SALT LAKE TRIB., Mar. 15, 2008 (with Dan Barr).
- Counter-Terrorism and Human Rights, S.F. CHRON., Nov. 15, 2007.
- Six Years Later: What Have We Learned?, SALT LAKE TRIB., Sept. 9, 2007.
- A Moral Test for Fighting Terror, BALTIMORE SUN, Dec. 19, 2006.
- Defining the Mission, EAST VALLEY TRIB., Dec. 3, 2006.
- The Need to Define Coercion, CLEVELAND PLAIN DEALER, Sept. 28, 2006.
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, BOSTON GLOBE, Jan. 21, 2006 (with Martha Minow).
- Torture Rule Book, L.A. TIMES, Nov. 17, 2005 (with Ori Nir).
Samuel V. Jones
- Has Conduct in Iraq Confirmed the Moral Inadequacy of International Humanitarian Law? Examining the Confluence Between Contract Theory and the Scope of Civilian Immunity During Armed Conflict, 16 DUKE J. COMP. & INT'L L. 249 (2006).
- GUANTÁNAMO AND THE ABUSE OF PRESIDENTIAL POWER (Simon & Schuster 2006) [More information].
- The Right to a Fair Trial in the War on Terror, 10 GONZ. J. INT'L L. 57 (2007).
- Trying Terrorists Before Military Commissions: Precedents and Perspectives, 59-FEB BENCH & B. MINN. 20 (2002) (with William Michael).
- Military Tribunals Are Likely Unconstitutional, and Certainly Unwise, 59-FEB BENCH & B. MINN. 23 (2002).
- Inside the Mind of a GITMO Detainee, WASH. POST, Feb. 23, 2008 (with Brent Mickum).
- Where Law Reigns, Terror Withers, CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR, June 22, 2007.
- Guantanamo's Final Notice, L.A. TIMES, June 2, 2007.
- U.S. Can't Tell a Combatant from a Cook, CHI. TRIB., Jan. 14, 2007.
- The More Subtle Kind of Torment, WASH. POST, Oct. 2, 2006 at A9.
- Limbo Is No Place to Detain Them, WASH. POST, Dec. 22, 2002 at B1.
Mary Ellen O'Connell
- THE POWER AND PURPOSE OF INTERNATIONAL LAW, INSIGHTS FROM THE THEORY AND PRACTICE OF ENFORCEMENT (Oxford University Press 2008) [More information].
- THE MEANING OF ARMED CONFLICT IN INTERNATIONAL LAW (forthcoming).
- THE INTERNATIONAL LEGAL SYSTEM (forthcoming) (with C. Blakesley, et al. eds.).
- INTERNATIONAL LAW AND THE "GLOBAL WAR ON TERRORISM," LECTURES FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF PARIS II (Assas-Pantheon) (Editions-Pedone 2007).
- INTERNATIONAL DISPUTE RESOLUTION, CASES AND MATERIALS (Carolina 2006) [More information].
- INTERNATIONAL LAW AND THE USE OF FORCE, CASES AND MATERIALS (Foundation 2005).
- INTERNATIONAL LAW AND THE USE OF FORCE (Little, Brown & Co. 1993) (with T. Ehrlich).
Chapters in Books
- Lawful and Unlawful Wars Against Terrorism, in LAW IN THE WAR ON INTERNATIONAL TERRORISM 79 (Ved Nanda ed., Transnational Publishers 2005).
- The Hague and Geneva Conventions, in THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF WAR AND AMERICAN SOCIETY (Peter Karsten ed., Sage Publications, Inc. 2005).
- The Ban on the Bomb-and Bombing, Iran, the U.S. and the International Law of Self Defense, 57 SYRACUSE L. REV. 497 (2007) (with Maria Alveras-Chen).
- Report on the Conference: Imperialism, Art and Restitution, 12 INT'L J. CULTURAL PROP. (2006) (with S. DePaul).
- When Is a War Not a War?, The Myth of the Global War on Terror, 12 ILSA J. INT'L L. & COMP. L. 535 (2006).
- The Counter-Reformation of the Security Council, 2 J. INT'L L. & RELATIONS 107 (2005).
- Affirming the Ban on Harsh Interrogation, 66 OHIO ST. L.J. 1231 (2005).
- Enhancing the Status of Non-State Actors Through a Global War on Terror, 43 COLUM. J. TRANSNAT'L L. 435 (2005).
- Occupation Failures and the Legality of Armed Conflict: The Case of Iraqi Cultural Property, 9 J. ART & ANTIQUITY L. 323 (2004).
- The Legal Case Against the Global War on Terrorism, 36 CASE W. RES. J. INT'L L. 349 (2004).
- To Kill or Capture Suspects in the Global War on Terror, 35 CASE W. RES. J. INT'L L. 325 (2003).
- Lawful Self-Defense to Terrorism, 63 U. PITT. L. REV. 889 (2002).
- American Exceptionalism and the International Law of Self-Defense, 31 DEN. J. INT'L L. & POL'Y 43 (2002).
- Evidence of Terror, 7 J. CONFLICT & SECURITY L. 19 (2002).
- The UN, NATO and International Law After Kosovo, 22 HUM. RTS. Q. 1 (2000).
- The Myth of Preemptive Self-Defense, American Society of International Law, Task Force on Terrorism (Aug. 6, 2002) (121 KB PDF).
- Learning from the Iraq War: The Wisdom of International Law, JURIST (Mar. 19, 2008).
- The Legal Case Against War With Iran, JURIST (Feb. 13, 2007).
- To Protect Troops and Defeat Terror, Keep the Gloves On, N. Y. DAILY NEWS, Sept. 27, 2006 (with Peter Bauer).
- Proportionality and Sustainable Peace in the Middle East, KROC INSTITUTE POLICY BRIEF, Aug. 3, 2006.
- Proportionality and the Use of Force in the Middle East Conflict, JURIST (July 21, 2006).
- The ASIL Centennial Annual Meeting Adopts a Resolution on the Use of Armed Force and the Treatment of Detainees, ASIL INSIGHTS (May 19, 2006).
- Unlawful Practices Sour Intelligence, BALTIMORE SUN, Oct. 10, 2005 at 19A (with Robert Kennedy).
- Perjury, Lies and Degrading Treatment: The Case for the McCain Amendment, JURIST (Nov. 3, 2005).
- Law, Not War: The British Example in the Face of Terrorism, JURIST (July 15, 2005).
- Should There be a Right of Pre-emptive Self-Defense: No, CQ RESEARCHER, Dec. 17, 2004 at 1065.
- What is War?, JURIST (Mar. 17, 2004).
- Addendum to Armed Force in Iraq: Issues of Legality, ASIL INSIGHTS (Apr. 2003).
- The Occupation of Iraq: What International Law Requires Now, JURIST (Apr. 18, 2003).
- UN Resolution 1441: Compelling Saddam, Restraining Bush, JURIST (Nov. 22, 2002).
Michael P. O'Connor
- PLOWSHARES AND SWORDS: THE ECONOMICS OF OCCUPATION IN THE WEST BANK (Beacon Press 1992) (with Richard Toshiyuki Drury and Robert C. Winn) [More information].
- Into the Fire: How to Avoid Being Burned by the Same Mistakes Made Fighting Terrorism in Northern Ireland, 24 CARDOZO L. REV. 1657 (2003) (with Celia M. Rumann).
Chapters in Books
- Foreward to GLOBAL JUSTICE: THE POLITICS OF WAR CRIMES TRIALS (Greenwood Pub. Group 2006) [More information].
- United States Policy and Practice for the Detention of Enemy Combatants in the War on Terror, 68 ALB. L. REV. 1153 (2005).
- Justice Without Borders: The International Criminal Court, 17 TEMP. INT'L & COMP. L.J. 85 (2003) (with Roger S. Clark).
- On Respect for the Rule of Law in Post-Taliban Afghanistan, 17 CONN. J. INT'L L. 433 (2002).
- The Bush Administration View of International Accountability, 36 NEW ENG. L. REV. 891 (2002).
- Legal Issues in the "War on Terrorism" - Reflecting on the Conversation between Silja N.U. Voneky and John Bellinger, 9 GERMAN L.J. 711 (2008).
- Legal Frameworks to Combat Terrorism: An Abundant Inventory of Existing Tools, 5 CHI. J. INT'L L. 499 (2005).
- Interesting Times for International Humanitarian Law: Challenges from the "War on Terror," 27-FALL FLETCHER F. WORLD AFF. 55 (2003).
- Can It Gitmo Bad Than This?, HUFFINGTON POST, July 14, 2008.
- Tortured History: Finding Our Way Back to the Lost Origins of the Eighth Amendment, 31 PEPP. L. REV. 661 (2004).
- Into the Fire: How to Avoid Being Burned by the Same Mistakes Made Fighting Terrorism in Northern Ireland, 24 CARDOZO L. REV. 1657 (2003) (with Michael O'Connor).
- TORTURE TEAM: CRUELTY, DECEPTION AND THE COMPROMISE OF LAW (Penguin 2008) [More information].
- LAWLESS WORLD: AMERICA AND THE MAKING AND BREAKING OF GLOBAL RULES (Penguin 2005) [More information] .
- FROM NUREMBERG TO THE HAGUE: THE FUTURE OF INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE (Cambridge University Press 2003) (editor) [More information].
- PRINCIPLES OF INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL LAW (2d ed., Cambridge University Press 2003) [More information].
- JUSTICE FOR CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY (Hart Publishing 2003) (edited with Mark Lattimer).
- BOWETT'S LAW OF INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTIONS (5th ed., Sweet & Maxwell 2001) (with Pierre Klein) [More information].
- THE MANUAL OF INTERNATIONAL COURTS AND TRIBUNALS (Butterworths 1999) (with Ruth Mackenzie and Yuval Shany).
- Lawless World: The Cultures of International Law, 41 TEX. INT'L L.J. 387 (2006).
- Lawless World? The Bush Administration and Iraq: Issues of International Legality and Criminality, 29 HASTINGS INT'L & COMP. L. REV. 295 (2005).
- International Courts and Tribunals and the Independence of the International Judge, 44 HARV. INT'L L.J. 271 (2003) (with Ruth Mackenzie).
- TAKEOVER: THE RETURN OF THE IMPERIAL PRESIDENCY AND THE SUBVERSION OF AMERICAN DEMOCRACY (Back Bay Books 2008) [More information].
- A selection of Mr. Savage's Pulitzer-prize winning articles can be found at the Boston Globe website.
Robert F. Turner
- NATIONAL SECURITY LAW (2d ed., Carolina Academic Press 2005) (editor) [More information].
- Operation Iraqi Freedom: Legal and Policy Considerations, 27 HARV. J.L. & PUB. POL'Y 765 (2004).
- State Responsibility and the War on Terror: The Legacy of Thomas Jefferson and the Barbary Pirates, 4 CHI. J. INT'L L. 121 (2003).
- It's Not Really "Assassination": Legal and Moral Implications of Intentionally Targeting Terrorist and Aggressor-State Regime Elites, 37 U. RICH. L. REV. 787 (2002).
- Intentional Targeting of Regime Elites: The Legal and Policy Debate, 36 NEW ENG. L. REV. 785 (2002).
- The War on Terrorism and the Modern Relevance of the Congressional Power to "Declare War", 25 HARV. J.L. & PUB. POL'Y 519 (2002).
- Legal Responses to International Terrorism: Constitutional Constraints on Presidential Power, 22 HOUS. J. INT'L L. 77 (1999).
- Military Cites Risk of Abuse by CIA/New Bush Rules on Detainees Stir Concern, BOSTON GLOBE (Aug. 25, 2007).
- ABA targets CIA methods, Secrets Law/The Lawyers' Group Wants Congress to Override a Bush Order Allowing 'Enhanced' Interrogation Methods, L.A. TIMES, Aug. 14, 2007. li>ABA Criticizes Bush Terror Policies, ASSOCIATED PRESS, Aug. 10, 2007.
- War Crimes and the White House/The Dishonor in a Tortured New 'Interpretation' of the Geneva Conventions, WASH. POST, July 26, 2007.
- How Congress Might Rein in US War Policy, CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR, Mar. 14, 2007.
- Leading Experts Say Congress Must Stop An Attack on Iran: Is That Constitutionally Possible?/Absolutely- According to Experts on Both Sides of the Aisle, FINDLAW, Feb. 9, 2007.
- Perspective: Decision-Making in Wartime, ST. AUGUSTINE RECORD, Feb. 6, 2007.
- Iraq Renews Historic Tensions Between President and US Congress Over Power to Wage War, VOICE OF AMERICA NEWS, Jan. 31, 2007.
- Congress to Test Bounds of Its War Power, ASSOCIATED PRESS, Jan. 30, 2007.
- LAW OF WAR DOCUMENTARY SUPPLEMENT (United States Army Judge Advocate General's Legal Center & School 2006) (editor).
Chapters in Books
- Human Rights, in OPERATIONAL LAW HANDBOOK (John Rawcliffe & Jeannine Smith eds., United States Army Judge Advocate General's Legal Center & School 2006).
- Understanding the Distinct Function of the Combatant Status Review Tribunals: A Response to Blocher, 116 YALE L.J. POCKET PART 327 (2007) (with Geoffrey Corn & Eric Talbot Jensen).
- "Unlawful Enemy Combatant": Status, Theory of Culpability, or Neither?, 5 J. INT'L CRIM. JUST. 19 (2007) (with Mark David Maxwell).
- Nation-Building in Afghanistan: Lessons Identified in Military Justice Reform, ARMY LAW 1 (2006) (with Christopher E. Martin).
- Hostile Protected Persons or "Extra-Conventional Persons:" How Unlawful Combatants in the War on Terrorism Posed Extraordinary Challenges for Military Attorneys and Commanders, 28 FORDHAM INT'L L.J. 681 (2005) (with Paul E. Kantwill).
Noah S. Weisbord
- Prosecuting Aggression, 49 Harv. Int'l L.J. 161 (2008).