Marketing Communications Department
What we do
- Distribute news releases about campus events, faculty, staff and student accomplishments and other campus happenings to area media outlets
- Work with media professionals to coordinate interviews with faculty and staff or act as spokespersons for Washburn University School of Law
- Coordinate communications for major Washburn Law events.
- Take pictures at university events and activities and maintain a photo archive.
- Act as a liaison to the Washburn University licensing program.
- Keep the Washburn Law website current and fresh with stories about faculty, students and campus events.
- Produce the weekly What’s News? e-newsletter sent to all faculty and staff at Washburn University School of Law, detailing events at the law school. To submit an event to What's News, contact Donna Vilander.
- Maintain Washburn Law calendar of events.
- Maintain social media outlets
- Update style and logo usage guides
- Edit Washburn Lawyer alumni magazine and other publications
Director of Marketing Communications
Assistant Director of Marketing Communications