By the Numbers
Located in the capital city of Kansas, Washburn University School of Law is conveniently situated in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area.
Centers for Excellence
- Business and Transactional Law Center
- Center for Excellence in Advocacy
- Center for Law and Government
- Children and Family Law Center
- International and Comparative Law Center
- Oil and Gas Law Center
- Business and Transactional Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- International and Comparative Law
- Law and Government
- Natural Resources Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- Tax Law
Tuition Waiver States
Residents of the following states are eligible for in-state tuition:
Clinic Practice Areas
Clinic students help real clients with:
- Children and Family Law
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Appellate Advocacy
- Criminal Defense
- Immigration Law
- Small Business & Nonprofit Transactional Law
- Tribal Court Practice
Other skills-based learning includes:
Class of 2013 students participated in 63 clinic opportunities and 55 externships.
- J.D./Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- J.D./Master of Accountancy (M.Acc)
- J.D./Master of Social Work (M.S.W.)
Students participate through various organizations in volunteer, cultural, and recreational opportunities.
Up 25 spots in U.S. News and World Report rankings - Largest jump in Midwest.
Received "A-" from National Jurist for Practical Training - Top 36 in nation and best in region.
Top 20 for government jobs in National Jurist.
Top 20 for jobs as prosecutors and public defenders in National Jurist.
Other recognition includes:
- 19th on list of Great Law Libraries by National Jurist.
- Named an Outstanding Law School in The Princeton Review.
View "By the Numbers" as a PDF (499 KB).
- Represent 56% of attorneys in 103 out of 105 counties in Kansas
- 5 out of 7 Kansas Supreme Court Justices
- Located in all 50 states and 15 foreign countries
- Summer Study Abroad Program in Barbados
Opportunity to understand legal systems more fully through comparative study of the Caribbean system.
- Maastricht Independent Study Abroad Program
Enroll in one semester or one year of international law and comparative law courses.
- Georgia - National Center for Commercial Law
Students have collaborated with students from Free University, Tbilisi, Georgia, on various constitutional law cases and conducted commercial law research to help change legal education and commercial law in the country of Georgia