SACO Law Funnel
- Select the appropriate MARC 21 tag for each field.
- Do not explicitly code for an initial subfield in any field (i.e., $a, $w, $z).
- Use the dollar sign $ to note a delimiter before the subfield code (e.g, $x, $z).
- If proposed heading is 100, 110, 111, or 130, supply the appropriate indicator; 150s-151s do not require indicator; apply this instruction to 4xxs and 5xxs also.
- Do NOT include a second indicator under any circumstances!
- 1XX, 4XX, or 5XX headings with subdivisions require keying the subfields by using a delimiter ($) and the appropriate MARC subfield code.
- Add diacritics preceding the affected letter (e.g., M(acute)exico) as appropriate. Please save time by copying and pasting from the list of diacritics (new window will open). Using this lists helps prevent typos and provides a uniform name for the diacritic.
- When citing geographic coordinates spell out the coordinates (e.g., 47deg. 35 min. 34sec. N).
- For additional help go to the Guidelines (new window will open) for formulating LCSH proposals.
To complete this form:
- TAB moves between fields.
- Required fields marked with * .
- Text fields show number of characters typed / number of characters allowed.
- SUBMIT sends your proposal via e-mail to the Law Funnel Advisory Board.