Summer and Fall 2014 Enrollment Instructions
Waiting lists are created when students try to enroll in a class and are given the message that the class is closed. If you want to be put on a waiting list, try to enroll in the class even though you know it is closed. When an opening occurs, you will be notified by email and asked if you are still interested in taking the class.
If you drop a class and later decide you want to get back in, MyWashburn will not let you do so. Visit the Dean's Office for assistance.
- Advance Registration for summer and fall is available to students on the web as indicated in the 'classification' sidebar.
- Students who are currently enrolled for Spring 2014 may participate.
- You will only be able to register on and after your specified classification schedule dates and during Open Registration.
- NOTE: A student's classification will be based on the number of credit hours the student has completed at Washburn and any transfer credit hours that have been posted through end of Fall 2013. Courses in progress (i.e., Spring 2014) will NOT be counted.
- Staff in the Dean's Office will be available during business hours to answer any questions about how to do registration or to provide assistance with registration. The staff will not enroll students in person but will assist students who are having difficulty with the registration process on the web.
Summer classes begin as shown on the summer course schedule.
Fall classes for returning students begin Monday, August 25, 2014.
Students may enroll according to the following schedule:
- More than or equal to 58 credit hours BEGINNING April 14
- More than or equal to 43 and less than 58 credit hours BEGINNING April 16
- More than or equal to 31 and less than 43 credit hours BEGINNING April 18
- More than or equal to 15 and less than 31 credit hours BEGINNING April 21
- Less than 15 credit hours BEGINNING April 23
Enrollment for the summer terms is:
- April 14-July 10, 2014
Enrollment for the fall terms is:
- April 14-September 5, 2014
Open Registration is for everyone. Fall 2014 open registration is April 24 through September 5, 2014.
Students new to Washburn Law are eligible to enroll during Open Registration beginning on April 24. ALL students should advance register, including currently enrolled first-year law students.
Please be advised that a "student may not be employed more than 20 hours per week in any week in which the student is enrolled in more than twelve class hours" – ABA Standards for Approval of Law Schools, Standard 304 (f).