Assignments for First Day/Week of Classes
Summer 2015 Beginning Tuesday, May 26
If your course does not appear on this page, please check back-- first day assignments are still being submitted.
Business Associations - Westbrook for Tuesday, 5/26/2015
- 1A) First Half of Class:
- Introduction to the Class
- Agency: Introduction and Principles of Attribution
- Palmiter and Partnoy: Chapter 8 pp. 174-176
- TWEN link: Restatement (Third) of Agency: 1.01-1.04, 2.01-2.03, 2.06
- (note: Required reading assignments from the restatement or any of the uniform acts refer only to the text of the restatement/act itself, not all the comments.)
- TWEN: Gorton v. Doty
- TWEN: A. Gay Jenson Farms Co.,v. Cargill, Inc.
- TWEN: Watteau v. Fenwick
- EXERCISE: Practice multiple-choice quiz (ungraded)
- 1B) Second Half of the Class
- Agency: Liability of Principal to Third Parties
- Restatement (Third) of Agency: 4.01, 6.01-6.04, 7.01-7.03, 7.07
- TWEN: Ira S. Bushey and Sons v. U.S.
- TWEN: Majestic Realty Associates v. Toti
- EXERCISE: Multiple-choice quiz (graded).
Criminal Procedure - Hodgkinson for Tuesday, 5/26/2015
Please read: Introduction: Sources of Criminal Procedure Pages 1-24
Interviewing and Counseling - Leisinger for Tuesday, 5/26/2015
In the "The Counselor-at-Law: A Collaborative Approach to Client Interviewing and Counseling, Third Edition; DiPippa, Peters and Cochran - 2014"
Read the following:
- Chapter 1 - Three Models of Legal Counseling: Pages 1 - 10
- Chapter 2 - The Games Lawyers Plan: How Lawyers Control Clients: Pages 11-25.
- Please note that this is a new edition of the text.
Landlord Tenant Law - Boyack for Tuesday, 5/19/2015
Please sign up for the class on TWEN. All the readings are there or linked from that site.
Please forward assignment additions/updates to Donna McMurry in the Dean's Office.