Oil and Gas Investment Arbitrations III: A Critical View of Investment Arbitration
Washburn Law's Oil and Gas Law Center and International and Comparative Law Center, the University of Houston Law Center, and the International Law Institute are sponsoring "Oil and Gas Investment Arbitrations: A Critical View of Investment Arbitration" on Friday, September 16, 2016. This symposium will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Houston, Texas.
The symposium will consist of four panels that will address the trending topics in the practice of Investor-State arbitration in the oil and gas industry:
- Panel 1: The Transpacific Partnership - Impact on Investment Arbitrations in the Oil and Gas Sector
- Panel 2: Arbitration Awards Annulments in the Oil and Gas Sector
- Panel 3: Applicable Law in Environmental Counterclaims
- Panel 4: Renewable Energy and Investment Arbitration
In addition, the Attorney General of Ecuador, Dr. Diego Garcia Carrion, will present his new book, A Critical View of Investment Arbitration Based on the Ecuadorian Experience and Greg W. Hopper, Vice President and Head of Americas Gas & Power Consulting for Wood Mackenzie, will present "Considerations for Natural Gas Investments in an Evolving Global Market"
See the full schedule for details.
Program co-chairs are:
- Professor Julián Cárdenas (Environment, Energy & Natural Resources Center, Univ. of Houston)
- Professor Ian Laird (Crowell & Moring LLP; International Law Institute)
- Professor Frédéric Sourgens (Oil and Gas Law Center, Washburn University School of Law)
Friday, September 16, 2016
8:00 a.m.-5 p.m.
» $300 - Practitioners
» $175 - Academics / Scholars
» $25 - Online
» $75 - Students (limited to 20)
Registration fee includes conference attendance, materials, refreshments, and lunch.
Approved for 6.5 hours of Texas CLE credit.
If you require special services or auxiliary aids to assist you while attending the event, please contact Freddy Sourgens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot attend the seminar, you may send a substitute. If you cancel your registration at least two (2) business days prior to the seminar, your registration fee will be refunded. After that date, non-attending registrants will receive the course materials. Please allow two weeks for delivery. The sponsors reserve the right to cancel this seminar and return all fees.
Energy In-house attorneys, arbitrators, professionals, academics, and students interested or involved oil and gas transactions and arbitration.