Kansas Court of Appeals Hears Oral Arguments at Washburn Law on April 14, 2015
Washburn University School of Law, the Center for Law and Government, and the Center for Excellence in Advocacy host the Kansas Court of Appeals on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 in the Robinson Courtroom and Bianchino Technology Center.
See the docket of hearings (84 KB PDF).
Panel of judges
Tuesday 9:30 a.m. Docket
- 110,234E – State of Kansas v. Christopher Lamar Brown
- 111,418 – Jordan Patterson American Legion Post #319, Dan E. Turner and Phillip L. Turner, Charles Yunker, Adjutant, American Legion Kansas Department Intervenor/Appellee v. Quality Contractors, L.L.C., 15th Street Investments, LLC, Jerry Pritchard, James R. Anderson, Verdell Bugg, Capital Title Insurance Company, LC, Deanna M. Zimmerman, Commerce Bank & Trust Company
- Brief of Appellants (2.9 MB PDF)
- Brief of Appellees, Charles Yunker, Adjutant, American Legion Kansas Department; Verdell Bugg and the Estate of James Anderson (2.9 MB PDF)
- Brief of Appellees, Quality Contractors, LLC, and J. D. Pritchard (2.2 MB PDF)
- Brief of Appellees, Capital Title Insurance Company, LC and Deanna M. Zimmerman (2.0 MB PDF)
- Brief of Appellees, 15th Street Investments, LLC and Commerce Bank & Trust Company n/k/a Corefirst Bank & Trust (4.6 KB PDF)
- 112,329 – State of Kansas v. Norman C. Bramlett
- 111,417 – Leslie Francis Nuessen, Deceased v. Sutherlands and Lumberman's Underwriting Alliance
Tuesday 1:30 p.m. Docket
- 108,795 – State of Kansas v. Michael Andrew Paulson
- 112,270 – State of Kansas v. William Paul Spangler
- 111,987 – Jonathan Dulaney and Juan A. Apodaca v. Mark Willmore and Matthew Willmore, and Oak River Insurance Company
- 112,219 – In the Matter of the Adoption of D.A.J.D.