Building Access Policy
In an effort to increase safety and security the School of Law has implemented the following procedures:
School Year Schedule
- Monday through Friday: access to the law school building will be restricted to the second floor North entrance and the East South Patio Door after 6:00 p.m. The building will be locked at 9:00 p.m.
- Entrance to the law school will be limited on Saturday and Sunday. Only the North Second Floor and East South Patio doors will be open on Saturday (opening by 8:00 a.m.) and on Sunday (opening by noon) for entrance to the law school.
- Law school faculty, staff, and students will have access to the building before and after set open times using their iCard.
- On Monday through Friday, the law school building will be open at 6:30 a.m. Law Clinic doors will be unlocked at 7:30 a.m.
- The library staff will lock the two exterior Clinic doors as required to accomodate evening classes. This will usually occur between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m.
- The library will observe extended hours during finals.
|Initial Lockup||Final Lockup||Library Closing|
|Monday||6 PM||9 PM||11 PM|
|Tuesday||6 PM||9 PM||11 PM|
|Wednesday||6 PM||9 PM||11 PM|
|Thursday||6 PM||9 PM||11 PM|
|Friday||6 PM||9 PM||9 PM|
|Saturday||6 PM||8 PM||8 PM|
|Sunday||6 PM||9 PM||11 PM|
- Monday to Friday: Access to the building will be restricted after 5 pm, with the exception of the North Entrance and the East Patio Door. East Patio Door and North Entrance will automatically lock at 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday: East Patio Door and North Entrance will automatically lock at 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: East Patio Door and North Entrance will automatically lock at 5:00 p.m.
- Law students may remain in the common areas of the building indefinitely.
- Persons involved in events taking place outside of normal law school hours, but within library operating hours, are responsible for providing notice to the reference librarian at the beginning and end of the event to enable unlocking and locking of the facilities.