Install the Wireless Printers on Mac
Images on this page are representative of what will be displayed during the installation process.
All print jobs must be released from a Print Release Station next to the printer.
- Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen. Then select System Preferences.
- Click on Print & Fax.
- Click the + button to add a new printer.
- Select the Advanced icon. (Don't see this option? Right-click next to the other icons and select "Customize Toolbar..." Then drag the Advanced icon onto the toolbar.)
- Select from the Type drop down: 'Windows printer via spoolss"
- Enter the following in the URL field: smb://papercut.washburnlaw.edu/printername
- Wireless1 & 2 are located on the 2nd floor and Wireless 3 & 4 are on the 3rd and 4th floor repectively.
- Name the Printer
- Select Generic PostScript Driver
- Click Add.
- Check "Duplex Printing" and click OK. You will see the printer was added successfully.
- You have to setup Duplex Printing. Check Two-Sided and save the setting as "Double-Sided." (Dont see this option? Change Preset to "Layout.")
- When you print you will be asked to authenicate. Enter your WUAD credentials.