Install the Wireless Printers on Mac
All print jobs must be released from a Print Release Station next to the printer. Please complete all steps and send a test print to ensure everything is setup correctly.
1. Lookup your Print Release Station username.
- Login to MyWashburn and under "News & Events" click on the link to the right that says "Lookup WUAD / Office 365 Email and Calendar Account Information." Below will show your Print Release Station username. Write your username down, you will need it to print.
2. Now that you have your username you can add the printers. Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select System Preferences.
3. Click on Printers & Scanners.
4. Click the + button to add a new printer.
5. Select the Advanced icon. (If you don't see this option, right-click by pressing with two fingers next to the "Window" icon and select "Customize Toolbar..." Drag the Advanced icon up onto the toolbar.)
- Select from the Type drop down: 'Windows printer via spoolss"
- There are six printers. Each printer must be added separately. Wireless 1 & 2 are located on the 2nd floor and Wireless 3 & 4 are on the 3rd and 4th floor respectively. Copy the smb:// path below for the printer you want to add.
- Name the Printer
- Select Generic PostScript Printer
- Click Add.
6. Check "Duplex Printing" and click OK.
7. Send a test print so you can enter your account information we looked up earlier.
- Enter WUAD\ before your username.
- The password is your email password.
- Check the "Remember this password in my keychain" box.