Install the Wireless Printers on Mac
Images on this page are representative of what will be displayed during the installation process. All print jobs must be released from a Print Release Station next to the printer.
Please complete all 8 steps and send a test print to ensure everything is setup correctly.
1. First you need to lookup your Print Release username. Login to MyWashburn and under the "News & Events" click on the link to the right that says "Lookup WUAD / Office 365 Email and Calendar Account Information." Below will show your Print Release Station username. Write your usrename down. You will need it later when you print and release your print jobs.
2. Now that you have your username you can add the printers. Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen. Then select System Preferences.
3. Click on Printers & Scanners.
4. Click the + button to add a new printer.
5. Select the Advanced icon. (If you don't see this option, right-click next to the other icons and select "Customize Toolbar..." Then drag the Advanced icon onto the toolbar.)
- Select from the Type drop down: 'Windows printer via spoolss"
- Enter the following in the URL field: smb://papercut.washburnlaw.edu/printername
- Wireless1 & 2 are located on the 2nd floor and Wireless 3 & 4 are on the 3rd and 4th floor repectively.
- Name the Printer
- Select Generic PostScript Driver
- Click Add.
6. Check "Duplex Printing" and click OK. You will see the printer was added successfully.
7. You have to setup Duplex Printing. Check Two-Sided and save the setting as "Double-Sided." (Dont see this option? Change Preset to "Layout.") This dialog window will look different depending on the application you are printing from.
8. Send a test print so you can enter your account information we looked up earlier.
You must enter WUAD\ before your username. The password is your email password.