Install the Wireless Printers on Mac
Images on this page are representative of what will be displayed during the installation process. All print jobs must be released from a Print Release Station next to the printer.
Please complete all 8 steps and send a test print to ensure everything is setup correctly.
1. Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen. Then select System Preferences.
2. Click on Print & Fax.
3. Click the + button to add a new printer.
4. Select the Advanced icon. (Don't see this option? Right-click next to the other icons and select "Customize Toolbar..." Then drag the Advanced icon onto the toolbar.)
- Select from the Type drop down: 'Windows printer via spoolss"
- Enter the following in the URL field: smb://papercut.washburnlaw.edu/printername
- Wireless1 & 2 are located on the 2nd floor and Wireless 3 & 4 are on the 3rd and 4th floor repectively.
- Name the Printer
- Select Generic PostScript Driver
- Click Add.
5. Check "Duplex Printing" and click OK. You will see the printer was added successfully.
6. You have to setup Duplex Printing. Check Two-Sided and save the setting as "Double-Sided." (Dont see this option? Change Preset to "Layout.")
7. IMPORTANT! When you print for the first time you will be asked to authenicate. This is NOT your full email, it is a different username.
To lookup your Print Release username login to MyWashburn and click on the "News & Events: tab, then click on the link to the right that says "Lookup WUAD / Office 365 Email and Calendar Account Information." You should now see your Print Release Station username.
8. Now try and print. You will be prompted to authenticate. You can now enter your account information. Again, make sure you enter WUAD\ before your username and the password is your email password.