How To Turn Off AutoFormat in Word 2010
Default settings and quick correct features in word processors can
significantly alter the format of your document. Below are a few
instructions on how to turn off these features in Word 2010.
NOTE: For Word 97 to 2003, the AutoFormat window looks the same. Go to Tools | AutoCorrect Options to open the window.
- Periods and automatic spacing: Word 2010 does not automatically put a space after periods. Citations such as N.E.2d will not have spaces, unless you put them there.
- Automatic capitalization, Automatic replacement of words and symbols:
- Go to the File Tab in the upper left corner. (If using Office 2007 click on the Office button.)
- Select "Options"
- Select "Proofing"
- Click the "AutoCorrect Options" button
- Click on the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- Click on AutoFormat tab.