Application for Student Employment
Circulation Desk, Washburn Law Library
- $7.25 — all students
Provides service at the circulation desk. Assists patrons in obtaining materials from the reserve collection. Checks books and videos out and in. Creates guest patron records. Answers directional questions and refers reference questions to the reference librarian. Answers the telephone, directs calls and takes and relays messages. Refers and relates problems to the Circulation Librarian. Opens and closes the library when scheduled. Works under the supervision of the Circulation Librarian and Library Assistant II. Work is directed nights and weekends by the reference librarian on duty.
Other tasks are:
- Shelving books
- Picking up and straightening study areas and shelves
- Checking and replenishing paper supplies for printers and photocopiers
- Checking and filling staplers
- Filing loose-leaf services
- Assisting with interlibrary loans
- Making photocopies for the Library Director
- Making other photocopies as directed
- Placing newspapers on rack
- Checking for book holdings
- Filing CLE brochures
- Reading shelves as directed
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: Willingness to work nights and weekends. Working during finals under a special schedule made to accommodate the study and exam times of each student.
Contact Nancy Gray
785-670-1783 or -1088