Formal Fall and Spring Recruitment and Resume Collection Services
Employers may schedule interviews on the Washburn Law campus during both the Fall and Spring semesters. Second and third-year students are eligible to participate in the Fall and all students are eligible to participate in the Spring. The Professional Development Office
- advertises positions to students,
- coordinates collection of candidate materials, and
- schedules initial interviews that take place at the law school.
We are currently making arrangements for Spring 2013 on-campus recruiting:
- Spring interviews will begin on February 4, 2013.
As an alternative to on-campus interviews, employers may choose to have the Professional Development Office collect resumes from interested candidates but conduct the initial interviews at the employer's place of business rather than at the law school. Positions are advertised to students as part of the Fall and Spring Recruitment Program.
Posting Positions at Washburn Law
Employers may also recruit Washburn Law students or alumni by posting position announcements on Washburn's Symplicity system.
In accordance with Section 6-3 of the Bylaws of the Association of American Law Schools and Standard 211(d) of the American Bar Association Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar, Washburn University School of Law shall pursue a policy of providing its students and graduates with equal opportunity to obtain employment, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, handicap or disability, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to interview students during Fall Recruitment or have the Professional Development Office collect resumes for your position(s),
Go to Symplicity. If you are:
- Returning to the system: Your username is your email address. You may change your password once you log in under the "Account" section. If you forgot your password, click "Forgot Password Tab" and a new password will be sent to your email address.
- New to the system: Click "Register"; complete, select the services you would like (on-campus and/or job postings) and submit a registration form. Once your registration is received and approved, you will receive a username and password which will allow you to return to the system. After receiving your user name and password (sent via email), log on and complete your profile.
After the Professional Development Office receives your request, we will confirm your recruiting plans within a few days. If you have questions about Symplicity (Career Manager, powered by Symplicity), or the recruiting process please contact the Professional Development Office at (785) 670-1184 or cindy.moyer [at] washburn.edu.