Reciprocity Policy Summary
Reciprocity is available at Washburn University School of Law for all current law students and graduates of other law schools except from August 15 to October 15 each year. A visitor may use the services of the Professional Development Office for six months after a letter has been either mailed, faxed or e-mailed to our office and reciprocity has been approved. The services available to students and graduates are as follows: career counseling, career library resources, and job postings via Symplicity. Visitors may use the services of the office on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There are no restrictions on the number of students or graduates from other law schools.
Full Text of Reciprocity Policy
Washburn University School of Law Professional Development Office is pleased to provide reciprocal services to students and graduates of other law schools subject to the following conditions:
- Services are available only to students and alumni whose law schools allow Washburn Law students and alumni use of their career services resources and facilities.
- Assistance is not available to other law schools' students and alumni from August 15 through October 15 of each year. Reciprocity is valid for six months after approval.
- Reciprocity requests from other schools must be made in writing by the Director of Professional Development prior to the student's or the graduate's visit to the Washburn Law Professional Development Office. The written request must include a statement of services that will be provided to our students and alumni by the school requesting reciprocity.
- The Director of Professional Development may deny services to any individual school which surpasses a reasonable number of requests within a given year.
- On-campus interviews and resume collections are available only to Washburn Law students and alumni.