7th Annual Government Legal Careers Forum - February 25, 2014
The Forum brings together legal professionals working in a variety of government positions to visit with each other and Washburn Law students about the advantages and disadvantages of pursuing a career in the government. Both practicing attorneys and professionals who use their legal education in a non-practice setting are encouraged to participate in this event.
The Forum will facilitate easy networking and conversation, and refreshments will be served. We hope to have a wide variety of representatives on hand to network with each other and with students interested in government careers. This will be an interesting and enjoyable event for everyone involved.
Government representatives attending the Forum also are invited to attend a complimentary hour of continuing legal education immediately prior to the Forum.
Participating in both the Forum and the CLE is free of charge to employees of government agencies and Washburn Law students.
2:00 p.m. — CLE Registration
2:30-3:20 p.m. — Ethics CLE
4:00-5:30 p.m. — Government Legal Careers Forum
Bradbury Thompson Alumni Center
17th Street & Jewell Avenue
Agencies that have participated in the past:
- City of Topeka
- Douglas County Attorney's Office
- Douglas County District Court
- Johnson County District Attorney's Office
- Kansas Army National Guard JAG
- Kansas Bureau of Investigation
- Kansas Corporation Commission
- Kansas Court of Appeals
- Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services
- Kansas Department of Administration
- Kansas Department of Commerce
- Kansas Department of Corrections
- Kansas Department of Health & Environment
- Kansas Department of Transportation
- Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism
- Kansas Office of Revisor of Statutes
- Kansas State Department of Education
- Kansas Supreme Court
- National Labor Relations Board
- Office of the State Bank Commissioner
- Shawnee County District Attorney's Office
- Social Security Administration/Office of Disability Adjudication and Review â€“ Office of Regional Counsel
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security/US Citizenship & Immigration
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. District Court
Schedule and times are subject to change.
More details and registration information for the 2014 Forum will be available in January 2014. Until then, questions can be directed to the Professional Development Office at (785) 670-1184.