Affordable legal education in collegial environment
Washburn Law provides an affordable, outstanding legal education in a collegial environment. Resident tuition for the 2013-14 academic year is $18,810. Students from other states may obtain resident tuition after only six months.
You may also be comparing the cost of a law degree with the quality of education provided by the institution and its faculty. When you choose the outstanding legal education in Washburn's collegial environment, you will also benefit from our low 9.6:1 student-to-faculty ratio.
When choosing a law school, it's important to select one that offers you hands-on training — one that will help you achieve success in life and in your future law career.
Top 10 Reasons to Attend Washburn Law
- Fast Track Two Year Option
- Spring Start Program
- More than $2 million in scholarships awarded last year
- New Oil and Gas Law Center, a total of five Centers for Excellence
- Seven "Live Client Clinic" practice areas
- Externships provide hands-on, practical experience
- 11th Ranked Legal Analysis, Research, and Writing Program
- Top 20 ranking for government jobs
- Capital City Advantage
- Strong Alumni Network
Washburn Law's prime location in Topeka offers advantages only a state capital can provide.
The Kansas Judicial Center, state capitol building, and state office complex are located only minutes from the law school, providing unique externship and employment opportunities.
Our professors are highly regarded. Professor Rory Bahadur has just been named one of the top 26 "best law teachers" in the United States. Bahadur is featured prominently in "What the Best Law Teachers Do" (Harvard University Press, 2013).