Applying to Washburn Law: Non-ABA Prior Law Student
Your application will be processed when all items listed have been received by Washburn Law.Washburn Law is not able to award advanced standing credit for coursework taken at a law school that is not accredited by the American Bar Association. Your application to Washburn Law will be considered a new student application (i.e., without advanced standing credits).
- Apply Online Via LSAC
- Complete Washburn Law application.
- Attach personal statement.
- Submit $40.00 application fee.
- If you experience technical difficulty with the online application, please call LSAC's help desk at (215) 968-1393.
- Submit to Credential Assembly Service (CAS) (learn more about CAS):
- Official Law School Admission Test (LSAT) scores.
- Transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended.
- At least one letter of recommendation is required. No more than three letters will be accepted.
- Submit the following items directly to Washburn Law (see below for address):
- Letter of recommendation from former law professor.
- Letter verifying good standing from your prior law school.
- Final official transcript for all law classes completed at your prior law school.
At Washburn Law:
- Completed applications are sent to Admissions Committee for review and decision on a rolling basis.
- You can check the status of your application at anytime 24/7.
- Admitted applicants are contacted by phone.
- Packet with acceptance and enrollment instructions is mailed to admitted student.
Please contact us at (800) WASHLAW ((800) 927-4529) or admissions [at] washburnlaw.edu (toll-free is for Admissions only; cannot be transferred to other departments).
Washburn Law Address
Washburn University School of Law
Attn: Law Admissions Office
1700 SW College Ave.
Topeka, KS 66621