How to Apply and Registration Form
Washburn Law's Summer Study Abroad Program will be held May 20 - July 1, 2016, including dates of arrival and departure. Classes begin Monday, May 23, and end Thursday, June 30.
- February 15, 2016: financial aid applications. If you plan to seek financial aid to fund your study abroad experience, we recommend that you begin your financial aid application process by this date. See Tuition, Fees, Costs, and Financial Aid. This advice applies to both WU and non-WU students.
- March 1, 2016: Washburn Law student application deadline. If you are a Washburn Law student and wish to be eligible for internal scholarships, this is your deadline to apply to the program with scholarship opportunities intact. Complete and submit the online Washburn University Office of International Programs (WU OIP) application forms: Program Application (new window opens) and Scholarship Application (new window opens). If you miss this deadline, you can still apply to the program through April 15, but without scholarship eligibility. Note: Upon submitting the online application, a fee of $75 will be placed on Washburn Law student accounts. In addition, the international student health insurance policy charge of $13 will be added to your account (the insurance charge may be higher depending if you are arriving before May 20 or leaving after July 1).
- March 15, 2016: registration and deposit due. Download and complete the deposit registration form (17 KB PDF) (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) and mail it with a $200 check (payable to Washburn Law Study Abroad Program) to:
Summer Study Abroad Program
Washburn University School of Law
1700 SW College Avenue
Topeka, KS 66621
- April 1, 2016: non-Washburn students apply for non-degree-seeking student status: Please see the first paragraph under the "Application, Admission & Enrollment" heading on WU OIP's application instructions page. You will need to obtain a student identification number (WIN) to place on your application. The method for doing so is to fill out an application to become a non-degree-seeking student at Washburn University. We recommend that you complete that preliminary process by April 1, so that you will have time to obtain approval and your student number before the Barbados program deadline.
- April 15, 2016: Application deadline for non-Washburn law students, and for Washburn Law students who missed the scholarship eligibility deadline. Any student who has not already paid his or her registration deposit (see March 15, above) must also do so by this date.
- May 1, 2016: Deadline to withdraw. For more information, see Tuition, Fees, Costs, and Financial Aid.
Questions should be directed to: Professor Tonya Kowalski at (785) 670-1668 or firstname.lastname@example.org (email is best for a quick response).
Florida A & M Law Student